Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A form of anthrax causing severe skin ulceration.→ anthrax
- ‘A virus causes it and the appearance is more ragged and angry looking compared to the malignant pustule of anthrax.’
- ‘A smear from the malignant pustule on the left cheek demonstrated anthrax bacilli.’
- ‘Malignant Pustule - the most common form of anthrax in humans is the cutaneous variety known as malignant pustule.’
- ‘Anthrax is also called splenic fever, black bain, charbon, malignant pustule, and murrain.’
- ‘In cutaneous anthrax, a ‘malignant pustule’ develops at the site of the infection.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.