One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being malign.‘a spirit of pure, unadulterated malignance towards the world’
malice, spite, spitefulness, hostility, hatred, hate, ill will, bitterness, enmity, ill feeling, balefulness, venom, rancour, maliciousness, malignity, ill nature, vindictiveness, viciousness, revengefulness, vengefulness, cruelty, nastiness, unfriendlinessView synonyms
- ‘Their society has been infected by a pathogenic cuteness of such malignance as to put at risk all that is truly beautiful.’
- ‘It is very inspiring - a desire for ecological change with no ego or malignance and no messianic tendencies.’
- ‘Surely beneficence and malignance are both at play in the contemporary world, at every level.’
- ‘Mattie, with an expression of deep malignance, departed.’
- ‘Three-dimensional data can be used to spot and investigate the malignance of tumors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.