A resort on the Pacific coast of southern California, immediately to the west of Los Angeles.
A kind of surfboard that is relatively long with a rounded front end.
- ‘Well, Elephant got his Malibu board, and I grabbed my ski and into it we went.’
- ‘The Malibu, being lighter and shorter, offers the potential for the board to be separated from the surf club.’
- ‘Clubs and individuals can win Spirit surf skis and Malibu boards just by entering.’
- ‘Not only was Sheryl one of the fastest women beach sprinters ever to scorch the nation's sands, she was also a title-winning paddler on the Malibu board and surf ski.’
- ‘I still have a Malibu board at home down south and the surf has called.’
1960s: named after Malibu beach (see Malibu).