One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state or condition of being malevolent; hostility.‘his eyes were glowing with malevolence’
malice, spite, spitefulness, hostility, hatred, hate, ill will, bitterness, enmity, ill feeling, balefulness, venom, rancour, maliciousness, malignance, malignity, ill nature, vindictiveness, viciousness, revengefulness, vengefulness, cruelty, nastiness, unfriendlinessView synonyms
- ‘No cache of arms has been found, no plans for future malevolence.’
- ‘This takes Kerry several steps past merely being a sore loser, and into spiteful malevolence.’
- ‘A plan formulated inside his mind and his eyes filled with hatred and malevolence.’
- ‘They have malevolence in their darkest thoughts.’
- ‘You know nothing of love, since all you promote is hatred and malevolence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.