Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A salt or ester of maleic acid.
- ‘Rosiglitazone maleate is a member of the thiazolidinedione class of oral antidiabetic medications that act to enhance sensitivity to insulin in skeletal muscle, adipose tissue, and the liver.’
- ‘It might be presumed that the other preparations available in the United States, methylergonovine maleate and ergonovine maleate, produce the same effects and outcomes.’
- ‘The researchers were not very concerned about the occurrence of fumarate, which is the trans isomer of maleate, because the levels were relatively low.’
- ‘Timolol maleate can cause bronchospasms and is contraindicated in patients with bronchial asthma or severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.’
- ‘Methylergonovine maleate should be restricted to use in refractory cases and should never be used for more than six months continuously.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.