One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt or ester of maleic acid.
- ‘Methylergonovine maleate should be restricted to use in refractory cases and should never be used for more than six months continuously.’
- ‘The researchers were not very concerned about the occurrence of fumarate, which is the trans isomer of maleate, because the levels were relatively low.’
- ‘Timolol maleate can cause bronchospasms and is contraindicated in patients with bronchial asthma or severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.’
- ‘Rosiglitazone maleate is a member of the thiazolidinedione class of oral antidiabetic medications that act to enhance sensitivity to insulin in skeletal muscle, adipose tissue, and the liver.’
- ‘It might be presumed that the other preparations available in the United States, methylergonovine maleate and ergonovine maleate, produce the same effects and outcomes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.