One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A man who believes that men are superior to women.
- ‘How many male chauvinist pigs does it take to open a beer?’
- ‘He added: "I am a male chauvinist pig, but the wife is quite impressed and I have no excuses."’
- ‘"You're not going to tell me that I'm a male chauvinist pig."’
- ‘Thirty years later, feminists referred to men as "male chauvinist pigs."’
- ‘"Greg is a male chauvinist pig."’
- ‘It's high time the term "male chauvinist pig" had its contrary term for women.’
- ‘I mean, a male chauvinist pig isn't born, he's made, and more and more of them are being made by women.’
- ‘She arrived on a feathered throne, and he arrived in a carriage carrying a pig, given him in honour of his being a male chauvinist pig.’
- ‘Behind every male chauvinist pig who plops his feet up while his wife slaves, you discover, is a woman who prefers it that way.’
- ‘Anyone who dissented from this view was vilified as " a male chauvinist pig "," a fascist "or" a misogynist ".’
- ‘"I hate male chauvinist pigs, and they're still out there," Bishop said from her home in The Villages, Florida.’
- ‘In a six-minute rant, she railed against "male chauvinist pigs" and exhorted "woman warriors" to flock to her cause.’
- ‘Keel described himself as a male chauvinist pig, saying of his third wife: "If she ever picked up a golf club I'd break her arm."’
- ‘Go ahead: call me an insensitive male chauvinist pig.’
- ‘And by the way, has "male chauvinist pig" vanished completely from the lexicon?’
- ‘A devotee of the sexual revolution, he remained in many ways an unreconstructed, 1950s male chauvinist pig.’
- ‘No soap is without its stock rotter, this one appearing in the guise of a male chauvinist pig.’
- ‘"You think I'm obligated to come across now, don't you, you male chauvinist pig!"’
- ‘You think we guys are male chauvinist pigs?’
- ‘Describing himself as a " recovering male chauvinist pig ", he admits the danger of relapse is never far away.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.