One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & noun
See male chauvinism
- ‘A renewed reading of the sacred texts is needed in order to expose the inconsistencies in the male chauvinist reading of the tradition.’
- ‘Anyone saying that today would be vilified for male-chauvinist sexism.’
- ‘A devotee of the sexual revolution, he remained in many ways an unreconstructed, 1950s male chauvinist pig.’
- ‘These feelings may also be heightened by a potential increase in male chauvinist behaviour.’
- ‘Now, I must hasten to explain that he was not at all a male chauvinist.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.