One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounBiology Medicine
Faulty or imperfect development.
- ‘One popular theory postulates that a clubfoot is a result of intrauterine maldevelopment of the talus that leads to adduction and plantarflexion of the foot.’
- ‘If this function is abnormal, infertility, infantile underdevelopment, maldevelopment, weakness of bone development, etc. will manifest.’
- ‘Recent decades have witnessed a burgeoning interest in signs of physical trauma and early maldevelopment associated with schizophrenia.’
- ‘Two weeks later, Zeng died, ostensibly of ‘congenital maldevelopment of brain function’ and ‘total circulatory failure.’’
- ‘Congenital ptosis is the result of maldevelopment of the muscle, which lifts the eyelid (Levator Palpebrae Superioris).’
- ‘Such damage might emerge after cerebellar maldevelopment, or an earlier undetected hypoxic or ischemic event.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.