One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A member of a Malayalam-speaking people chiefly inhabiting the Indian state of Kerala.
- ‘For this song the kids appeared on the stage dressed as Malayalis, Gujaratis and Punjabis.’
- ‘It's not too common that Malayalis dominate a Tamil movie.’
- ‘Building homes is a favourite pastime of Malayalis.’
- ‘Majority of the speakers were also well known Malayalis.’
- ‘They will live forever in the minds of the Malayalis.’
- ‘There are no inhibitions right now among the Malayalis.’
Relating to or characteristic of the Malayalis.
- ‘There are only four Malayali families in the 2.5 s.q. miles, which comes under the purview of the Westwood Council.’
- ‘Also, the tastes of Malayali viewers seem to have changed.’
- ‘I even video-taped Malayali girls decked up in traditional finery, working as waitresses in bars in the Gulf.’
- ‘She looks like any other 16-year-old rustic Malayali girl off to the nearest government-aided school.’
- ‘Unfortunately, upcoming Malayali models, especially girls, have to go to places like Bangalore and Mumbai to make it big.’
Mid 19th century: apparently irregularly from Malayalam malayāḷam Malayalam with substitution of -i for the final syllable.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.