One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inefficient or dishonest administration; mismanagement.‘I found no maladministration in the council's actions’
mismanagement, mishandling, misgovernment, misrule, incompetence, inefficiency, bungling, blunderingView synonyms
- ‘There were no findings of maladministration, or wrong doing in the management of the Regional Partnerships Program.’
- ‘On the contrary they are those that have been unable to participate in globalisation because of war, corruption, or maladministration.’
- ‘We have only the Roman account, but it is enough to reveal maladministration ranging from the callously negligent to the undeniably criminal.’
- ‘The decision to weaken still further the funding requirement in 2002 was taken with maladministration.’
- ‘She said maladministration in the Department of Health ‘doesn't just affect public officials’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.