Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Inefficient or dishonest administration; mismanagement.‘I found no maladministration in the council's actions’
mismanagement, mishandling, misgovernment, misrule, incompetence, inefficiency, bungling, blunderingmalpractice, misconduct, corruption, dishonestymalfeasance, misfeasancemalversationView synonyms
- ‘The decision to weaken still further the funding requirement in 2002 was taken with maladministration.’
- ‘She said maladministration in the Department of Health ‘doesn't just affect public officials’.’
- ‘On the contrary they are those that have been unable to participate in globalisation because of war, corruption, or maladministration.’
- ‘There were no findings of maladministration, or wrong doing in the management of the Regional Partnerships Program.’
- ‘We have only the Roman account, but it is enough to reveal maladministration ranging from the callously negligent to the undeniably criminal.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.