One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inefficient or dishonest administration; mismanagement.‘I found no maladministration in the council's actions’
mismanagement, mishandling, misgovernment, misrule, incompetence, inefficiency, bungling, blunderingView synonyms
- ‘There were no findings of maladministration, or wrong doing in the management of the Regional Partnerships Program.’
- ‘The decision to weaken still further the funding requirement in 2002 was taken with maladministration.’
- ‘On the contrary they are those that have been unable to participate in globalisation because of war, corruption, or maladministration.’
- ‘She said maladministration in the Department of Health ‘doesn't just affect public officials’.’
- ‘We have only the Roman account, but it is enough to reveal maladministration ranging from the callously negligent to the undeniably criminal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.