Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The branch of zoology that deals with molluscs.
- ‘Indeed, it was in malacology that Lermond's contributions to natural science have been most long lasting.’
- ‘The Museum's malacology collection was started in 1976 when Janke Kolff donated her extensive, personal mollusc collection.’
- ‘Need the right expert in freshwater malacology?’
- ‘This is the site & on-line directory of malacology in Latvia.’
- ‘Ms. Johnstone was a student of malacology, the study of mollusks, and her focus came palpably through the pages of her guidebook.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.