Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The branch of zoology that deals with molluscs.
- ‘The Museum's malacology collection was started in 1976 when Janke Kolff donated her extensive, personal mollusc collection.’
- ‘Need the right expert in freshwater malacology?’
- ‘Indeed, it was in malacology that Lermond's contributions to natural science have been most long lasting.’
- ‘Ms. Johnstone was a student of malacology, the study of mollusks, and her focus came palpably through the pages of her guidebook.’
- ‘This is the site & on-line directory of malacology in Latvia.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.