One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be written about in newspapers and thus become famous.‘he thought he'd jump off the Brooklyn Bridge and make the papers’
- ‘The incidence of maternal morbidity is now so low that it makes the papers rather than popular novels.’
- ‘In August that year, Prof. Warwick made the papers again claiming that watching television can actually increase your IQ.’
- ‘If something happens out in the middle of the country or to somebody who's not so affluent, it doesn't make the papers.’
- ‘When a tourist gets robbed in Madrid that doesn't make the papers.’
- ‘She made the papers after her alleged racist remarks to diners at a New York restaurant.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.