One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
usually with negative Equal or better a required score, thus avoiding elimination from the last two rounds of a four-round tournament.‘she shot rounds of 86 and 86 and failed to make the cut’
- ‘He finished with a fat five-over-par 77 that left him needing a decent second round just to make the cut.’
- ‘The event's star attraction world number one Tiger Woods also made the cut, with a two round total of 143.’
- ‘He made the cut in his first six tournaments, finishing among the top 20 in three of them.’
- ‘The Scotland World Cup player has now made the cut in his past 18 tournaments and is beginning to attain the air of a serious contender at every event in which he plays.’
- ‘‘And the next day I went out and played the second round and almost made the cut,’ he grins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.