One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Bring about an extreme reaction of embarrassment or delight in someone.‘it made her toes curl just listening to him’
- ‘I haven't eaten anywhere that has made my toes curl for, oh, weeks now.’
- ‘This cuts out the opportunity for a serendipitous find - someone who doesn't match your check list, but still makes your toes curl.’
- ‘I must say, it made my toes curl, just reading it.’
- ‘I try to avoid looking at the artwork because it makes my toes curl.’
- ‘I love my country, but there are times when our perceived collective reserve makes my toes curl.’
- ‘He guided my face to meet his and gave me a gentle, perfect kiss that made my toes curl.’
- ‘It's enough to make your toes curl - mine anyway.’
- ‘You love to be catered to, that's what really makes your toes curl.’
- ‘The man certainly knew how to make a girl 's toes curl, even if he was only a dream.’
- ‘The following is a guide for all facets of giving a massage that will make his toes curl and bring him to much higher plain of ecstasy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.