One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cause someone to experience an uncomfortable sensation of horror or disgust.
- ‘It wasn't about all those things Francis did that made Van Gundy 's skin crawl and the hair on the back of his neck stand on end.’
- ‘A clerk innocently used a word to describe a section of books that made Cisneros 's skin crawl.’
- ‘There was something about Lazar's matter-of-fact tone that made Carl 's skin crawl.’
- ‘His smile was silk - a malicious caress that made Joe 's skin crawl.’
- ‘The very idea of being around magic made Karl 's skin crawl.’
- ‘She hadn't even said anything to this girl, but she could make Hannah 's skin crawl.’
- ‘It was one of sadistic smugness that made Analise 's skin crawl.’
- ‘This assistant had the stomach for torture, bloodshed, and all of the things that made Tyrell 's skin crawl.’
- ‘The mere knowledge that I talked to you makes Greg 's skin crawl, and I'm not going to hurt him by meeting you.’
- ‘Justin was, well, Justin, and the thought of him doing that with Rebecca was enough to make Michael 's skin crawl.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.