One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cause someone to experience an uncomfortable sensation of horror or disgust.
- ‘The mere knowledge that I talked to you makes Greg 's skin crawl, and I'm not going to hurt him by meeting you.’
- ‘Justin was, well, Justin, and the thought of him doing that with Rebecca was enough to make Michael 's skin crawl.’
- ‘There was something about Lazar's matter-of-fact tone that made Carl 's skin crawl.’
- ‘The very idea of being around magic made Karl 's skin crawl.’
- ‘It wasn't about all those things Francis did that made Van Gundy 's skin crawl and the hair on the back of his neck stand on end.’
- ‘This assistant had the stomach for torture, bloodshed, and all of the things that made Tyrell 's skin crawl.’
- ‘His smile was silk - a malicious caress that made Joe 's skin crawl.’
- ‘It was one of sadistic smugness that made Analise 's skin crawl.’
- ‘She hadn't even said anything to this girl, but she could make Hannah 's skin crawl.’
- ‘A clerk innocently used a word to describe a section of books that made Cisneros 's skin crawl.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.