One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Shock or horrify someone.‘she drives at a speed to make your hair curl’
shock, stun, horrify, appal, scandalize, make someone's blood run coldView synonyms
- ‘There are things going in in this world that make your hair curl.’
- ‘Some of the bad guys there did things that would probably make even your hair curl - and I don't even want to give you any ideas.’
- ‘Whatever your politics, it will make your hair curl.’
- ‘The last information he had received was from survivors, and it was horrifying, that it would make a man 's hair curl.’
- ‘The string of expletives that then emitted from the phone would make you hair curl.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.