One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Fill someone with horror.‘there were atrocities on both sides which would make your blood curdle’
- ‘And what we get is responses that just make your blood curdle when you get them back.’
- ‘Their eyebrows light up and their eyes shift back and forth in a way that made my blood curdle.’
- ‘Some of them made my blood curdle.’
- ‘The '68 original remains the one to make your blood curdle.’
- ‘Thinking back, it makes my blood curdle because I played without a helmet and with little padding.’
- ‘It's just that the idea of you with someone else, it makes my blood curdle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.