One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A substance used to remove make-up from the face.‘I like to use the lightest make-up remover I can find’
- ‘There are just too many cleansers, make-up removers and soaps on the market.’
- ‘You might also want to take along some cotton buds dipped in make-up remover (keep in a zip-lock bag).’
- ‘I have given up all those greasy make-up removers and baby oils in favor of soap.’
- ‘Baby lotion is a good make-up remover and is quite suitable for grown-up faces.’
- ‘Quick tip: don't spend your money on eye makeup remover!’
- ‘Verdict: This makeup remover wipe needed some assistance to get the job done.’
- ‘Any eye make-up remover ought to not sting.’
- ‘These cotton tip swabs are filled with gentle skin conditioning makeup remover to erase smudges and smears around the eye.’
- ‘Witch hazel is a great cleanser, as well as a natural makeup remover.’
- ‘If you thought a face cleanser was exactly the same thing as makeup remover, then think again.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.