One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A verdict agreed by all but one or two of the members of a jury.
- ‘Yesterday at Salisbury Crown Court the jury returned a majority verdict of guilty.’
- ‘The Bradford teenager, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, was convicted of attempted rape by a majority verdict.’
- ‘After a five-day trial, the jury convicted Tyrrell and Smyth by a majority verdict after a four-hour retirement.’
- ‘The jury took just over two hours to return a majority verdict of death by natural causes contributed by neglect.’
- ‘But after three hours, the jury returned a majority verdict of 11 to one and found the father-of-one guilty.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.