Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Any of the prophets after whom the longer prophetic books of the Bible are named; Isaiah, Jeremiah, or Ezekiel.
- ‘But because Isaiah is the major prophet, only he is mentioned while Malachi, as a minor prophet, is not.’
- ‘Today, some Bible teachers may separate the minor prophets from the major prophets and some may not.’
- ‘In some versions, the book of Daniel is included among the major prophets; in others it is among the minor ones.’
- ‘He was the last major prophet to teach all the Israelite tribes before they began to scatter from the Holy Land.’
- ‘What major prophet of the Bible did Gabriel appear to centuries before?’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.