Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Any of the prophets after whom the longer prophetic books of the Bible are named; Isaiah, Jeremiah, or Ezekiel.
- ‘But because Isaiah is the major prophet, only he is mentioned while Malachi, as a minor prophet, is not.’
- ‘In some versions, the book of Daniel is included among the major prophets; in others it is among the minor ones.’
- ‘He was the last major prophet to teach all the Israelite tribes before they began to scatter from the Holy Land.’
- ‘What major prophet of the Bible did Gabriel appear to centuries before?’
- ‘Today, some Bible teachers may separate the minor prophets from the major prophets and some may not.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.