One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of the eight main planets of the solar system, as distinct from an asteroid or moon.
- ‘It has a high-inclination orbit, which means it does not travel around the sun in the same plane as the major planets.’
- ‘Most of the attention focuses on Pluto's status as one of our solar system's major planets.’
- ‘The asteroids are most likely leftover sloar system bits and stuff captured by the sun and major planets.’
- ‘Spacecraft have flown by every major planet, and most of their important moons, in the solar system.’
- ‘The apparent paths of the sun, the moon, and the major planets all fall within the zodiac.’
- ‘The major planets are available at a click, as is a solar system view, which can be animated and its angle of viewing changed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.