One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of the eight main planets of the solar system, as distinct from an asteroid or moon.
- ‘The apparent paths of the sun, the moon, and the major planets all fall within the zodiac.’
- ‘Most of the attention focuses on Pluto's status as one of our solar system's major planets.’
- ‘It has a high-inclination orbit, which means it does not travel around the sun in the same plane as the major planets.’
- ‘The asteroids are most likely leftover sloar system bits and stuff captured by the sun and major planets.’
- ‘The major planets are available at a click, as is a solar system view, which can be animated and its angle of viewing changed.’
- ‘Spacecraft have flown by every major planet, and most of their important moons, in the solar system.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.