One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With impressive beauty or scale.‘the steep slopes of the valley floor rise majestically skywards’
- ‘She majestically swoops next to me, embracing me in a hug.’
- ‘He stood majestically in the door frame, clouds of silvery white sprouting from his scalp.’
- ‘The rock stands majestically in the middle of the desert.’
- ‘Her long brown hair majestically reflected the sun's glare, creating a golden tone to the aligned curls.’
- ‘The king enters the scene majestically, changing the tone of the play.’
- ‘The fort stood majestically on an elevated plateau along the western bank of the river.’
- ‘Black, rugged mountains towered majestically at the horizon, adding savage grandeur to the solemnity of the landscape.’
- ‘The clouds floated majestically overhead, reflecting the sun's colorful rays into the eyes of the earth.’
- ‘It gets the job done in a majestically compressed 1 minute, 50 seconds.’
- ‘Suddenly, the real core of what this gala event signified in musical terms came majestically across.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.