One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A court order directing payment of a regular fixed sum for maintenance to be paid to a spouse after separation or divorce.
- ‘In such cases, the maintenance assessment will continue in force but the PWC will have rights under the maintenance order.’
- ‘Furthermore, s. 8 defines a maintenance order in relation to a child, as periodical payments.’
- ‘Long-standing maintenance orders have qualified for tax relief at the payer's highest rate.’
- ‘Once that happens, the maintenance orders granted by a foreign court will be recognised here.’
- ‘It appears to me that the maintenance order falls within the description of family proceedings in subpara above.’
- ‘The poorer spouse has the right to fight a divorce on an equal footing, and if deprived of funds can apply for an interim maintenance order.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.