One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A court order directing payment of a regular fixed sum for maintenance to be paid to a spouse after separation or divorce.
- ‘In such cases, the maintenance assessment will continue in force but the PWC will have rights under the maintenance order.’
- ‘Long-standing maintenance orders have qualified for tax relief at the payer's highest rate.’
- ‘It appears to me that the maintenance order falls within the description of family proceedings in subpara above.’
- ‘Once that happens, the maintenance orders granted by a foreign court will be recognised here.’
- ‘The poorer spouse has the right to fight a divorce on an equal footing, and if deprived of funds can apply for an interim maintenance order.’
- ‘Furthermore, s. 8 defines a maintenance order in relation to a child, as periodical payments.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.