One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person employed to look after a building or piece of equipment.‘the maintenance man found smoke coming out of the apartment’
- ‘Her father lived on the Manton House estate for many years, where he worked as a maintenance man.’
- ‘A crew of maintenance men were dispatched to take out the entire row of seats to free the kid.’
- ‘The maintenance man is moving the thermostat in our office today.’
- ‘The hotel's maintenance man was unavailable.’
- ‘A maintenance man checked the platform and found a bolt missing, but told Glover it was safe to keep working until it was replaced.’
- ‘The maintenance man was working to override the store's lighting system, which is set to automatically turn the lights on an hour later.’
- ‘The maintenance men put an embargo on overtime until the firm agrees to negotiate on the increases.’
- ‘George, the maintenance man, is trying his best to keep the field looking decent, but there is only so much he can do.’
- ‘The dedicated group of staff consists of carers, cooks, a full-time domestic cleaner and a maintenance man, which allows for the smooth running of the home.’
- ‘She stood out of the way while the hotel manager and the maintenance men worked to get the elevator running again.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.