Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for motherboard
- ‘Well, as for overclocking, we should better wait for the mass mainboards to arrive and see what they can offer us in this respect.’
- ‘Now let's consider the results the mainboards showed in another memory bandwidth test.’
- ‘The mainboards on this chipset can work with three monitors if you use an external graphics card.’
- ‘Although based on different chipsets, the mainboards resemble each other in characteristics and price.’
- ‘The memory subsystems of the tested mainboards were at their defaults.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.