One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A railway carriage used for transporting mail.‘during the layover, the train is serviced, and mail cars are added’
- ‘The Angus Pavilion is a sprawling warehouse packed with 44 vehicles on exhibit, from Montreal streetcars to steam engines to mail cars.’
- ‘Twelve freight cars, two passenger cars, and one mail car derailed and piled up in a mound of twisted metal.’
- ‘The train was the same setup as the one coming down from Chicago, one locomotive, three coaches and the mail car trailing.’
- ‘The postal service had recently added alarms to a few of its mail cars, but these particular carriages weren't in service during the robbery.’
- ‘Amtrak has sold its mail cars and is getting improved dispatching from the Union Pacific Railroad.’
- ‘There are seventeen cars: two engines, dorm, two sleepers, diner, lounge, three coaches, and seven mail cars.’
- ‘Children can mail their letter to St. Nick from Exporail's vintage mail car.’
- ‘Also, he mentioned that the mail cars on the rear would be cut off and this might cause a brief power outage in the darkened area of the Union Station.’
- ‘Meanwhile, the masked robbers smashed their way into the mail cars and overpowered the four postal workers.’
- ‘There was even a letter slot in the side of the mail car where letters could be posted at station stops!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.