One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A chief priest of a temple or the head of a monastery.
- ‘A majority of the mahants criticised the Sangh Parivar for the deterioration of the temple town.’
- ‘Certainly the mahants of the late nineteenth century frequently claimed an Udasi descent, though their lifestyle was by this time very different from that of the traditional Udasis.’
- ‘Not to be left behind, the other political parties have also not been averse to reaching out to the local mahants for support.’
- ‘But these mahants again donated this land to Baba Bhairon Nath who built a Shiv temple on a part of the land.’
- ‘Meanwhile, the selection of the new mahant is likely to take two to three months.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.