One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A chief priest of a temple or the head of a monastery.
- ‘But these mahants again donated this land to Baba Bhairon Nath who built a Shiv temple on a part of the land.’
- ‘Meanwhile, the selection of the new mahant is likely to take two to three months.’
- ‘A majority of the mahants criticised the Sangh Parivar for the deterioration of the temple town.’
- ‘Not to be left behind, the other political parties have also not been averse to reaching out to the local mahants for support.’
- ‘Certainly the mahants of the late nineteenth century frequently claimed an Udasi descent, though their lifestyle was by this time very different from that of the traditional Udasis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.