One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The dependence of the electrical resistance of a body on an external magnetic field.
- ‘This type of magnetoresistance is called ballistic because the electrons' paths are so short that the particles don't collide with atoms as they zip through the nanocontact.’
- ‘Read heads based on giant magnetoresistance further increase the storage capacity of hard disc drives.’
- ‘The discovery of giant magnetoresistance immediately opened the door to a wealth of new scientific and technological possibilities, including a tremendous influence on the technique of data storage and magnetic sensors.’
- ‘A magnetoresistance effect type head for reproducing includes a lower shielding film and a magnetoresistance effect sensor film between the lower shielding film and the lower magnetic core.’
- ‘This expression clearly shows that the magnetoresistance effect arises from the difference between the resistance behaviour of the spin up and down electrons.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.