Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[treated as singular] The branch of physics that studies the behaviour of an electrically conducting fluid (such as a plasma or molten metal) acted on by a magnetic field.
- ‘Stewartson studied rotating fluid flows, shear layers, magnetohydrodynamics, the triple-deck theory, and flow at both high and low Reynolds numbers.’
- ‘This textbook provides a modern and accessible introduction to magnetohydrodynamics.’
- ‘In addition, the sun's atmosphere poses extremely interesting problems in magnetohydrodynamics and fundamental plasma physics that have important implications for a wide range of astrophysical and geophysical problems.’
- ‘His work forms the basis of the modern science known as magnetohydrodynamics.’
- ‘My favorite in this category is magnetohydrodynamics, which is the study of plasmas and their interplay with electromagnetic fields.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.