One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of rocks and minerals) containing or relatively rich in magnesium.
- ‘Most complaints have been about noise from Darrington Quarry East, the part of the site nearest homes, where a large hydraulic hammer is being used to break magnesian limestone rocks.’
- ‘Moreover, magnesian and hydrous magmas such as boninites and lamprophyres apparently find no difficulty in traversing the crust.’
- ‘The kind of ore that attracted iron was once called magnesian stone, because it was discovered in the part of Asia Minor near Magnesia.’
- ‘Serpentine is a secondary mineral, a magnesian silicate, formed from minerals such as olivine and orthopyroxene.’
- ‘Most typical of the volcanicity is the presence of ultrabasic lavas and the highly magnesian basic lavas known as komatiites.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.