One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A promotional catalogue designed to resemble a high-quality magazine.
book, volume, hardback, paperback, title, work, tome, opus, treatise, manual, register, almanac, yearbook, compendiumView synonyms
- ‘Similar content will be incorporated into a new magalogue sent to subscribers of SI for Women, Teen People and In Style.’
- ‘It's a pain to flip through the entire magalogue to find the gifts, but Cargo scores points for its sense of humor and nifty geek ideas.’
- ‘In Australia there has been some recent experimentation with catalogue formats such as "Slim Jims" and "magalogues" but it is doubtful that too many will continue long term.’
- ‘Andrew says that most "magalogues" are normally mailed out to frequent customers or distributed in store.’
- ‘You've heard of the magalogue - the glossy magazine as shopping catalogue.’
1970s: blend of magazine and catalogue.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.