One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small North American freshwater catfish which has a venom gland at the base of the pectoral fin spines.
- ‘The pygmy madtom is one of the rarest fishes in North America; only about 50 specimens have ever been collected.’
- ‘The four listed fish are the spotfin chub, yellowfin madtom, smoky madtom, and duskytail darter.’
- ‘The Carolina madtom appears to be a declining species throughout its range.’
- ‘Most of the species in this family are the small, stream-dwelling madtoms, which are relatively rare in the Northeast where Ameiurus and Ictalurus are more common.’
- ‘The slabrocks were also being used by several other darter species, as well as madtoms.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.