One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Extremely enthusiastic.‘some men are mad keen on football’
- ‘At the moment he is mad keen on his trendy new trainers - ‘skateboarding shoes from California!’’
- ‘My wife is mad keen on gardening, and nothing makes her more happy than a nice looking hanging basket or a flower tub.’
- ‘Six foot two, mad keen on sports, Craig Flatman seems every inch the typical teenager.’
- ‘Chelsea has always been the place for the mad keen gardener to see, try and even buy all the newest and most desirable plants, pots and accessories.’
- ‘When we heard he was mad keen on Beckham, we thought it would be nice to get him something signed by the man himself.’
- ‘‘The French are mad keen on cycling,’ said the Legion's organiser, Nick Hamner.’
- ‘Tony had been mad keen on archaeology since boyhood and, as his granddad was a market gardener, was already skilled at digging.’
- ‘The Namibians are mad keen anglers and are extremely knowledgeable, competent, kind, helpful and dedicated to giving their clients the best possible trip.’
- ‘You're mad keen on history - what's your favourite fact about London's past?’
- ‘Tony Heart is himself a mad keen angler and he works extremely hard at putting his anglers over the abundant quality fish; his spacious boat is purpose built for angling and cruises effortlessly at 14/15 knots.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.