One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Extremely enthusiastic.‘some men are mad keen on football’
- ‘‘The French are mad keen on cycling,’ said the Legion's organiser, Nick Hamner.’
- ‘You're mad keen on history - what's your favourite fact about London's past?’
- ‘Six foot two, mad keen on sports, Craig Flatman seems every inch the typical teenager.’
- ‘Tony had been mad keen on archaeology since boyhood and, as his granddad was a market gardener, was already skilled at digging.’
- ‘When we heard he was mad keen on Beckham, we thought it would be nice to get him something signed by the man himself.’
- ‘Tony Heart is himself a mad keen angler and he works extremely hard at putting his anglers over the abundant quality fish; his spacious boat is purpose built for angling and cruises effortlessly at 14/15 knots.’
- ‘My wife is mad keen on gardening, and nothing makes her more happy than a nice looking hanging basket or a flower tub.’
- ‘The Namibians are mad keen anglers and are extremely knowledgeable, competent, kind, helpful and dedicated to giving their clients the best possible trip.’
- ‘At the moment he is mad keen on his trendy new trainers - ‘skateboarding shoes from California!’’
- ‘Chelsea has always been the place for the mad keen gardener to see, try and even buy all the newest and most desirable plants, pots and accessories.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.