Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A molecule containing a very large number of atoms, such as a protein, nucleic acid, or synthetic polymer.
- ‘Dendrimers are well-defined, highly branched macromolecules which have uniform molecular weight.’
- ‘Polyvinyl chloride is a macromolecule that results from the free-radical polymerization of vinyl chloride.’
- ‘Polypropylene is a linear macromolecule, or polymer, composed of repeating units of isopropane.’
- ‘During these reactions, they are chemically linked forming macromolecules, or polymers, which have large molecular weights.’
- ‘Polymer chemistry is the field of study concerned with the production, classification, and modification of macromolecules or polymers.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.