One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A molecule containing a very large number of atoms, such as a protein, nucleic acid, or synthetic polymer.
- ‘Polyvinyl chloride is a macromolecule that results from the free-radical polymerization of vinyl chloride.’
- ‘Polymer chemistry is the field of study concerned with the production, classification, and modification of macromolecules or polymers.’
- ‘Dendrimers are well-defined, highly branched macromolecules which have uniform molecular weight.’
- ‘During these reactions, they are chemically linked forming macromolecules, or polymers, which have large molecular weights.’
- ‘Polypropylene is a linear macromolecule, or polymer, composed of repeating units of isopropane.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.