One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large-scale economic system.
- ‘First, the relationship between the monetary standard and the macroeconomy is not addressed.’
- ‘The relatively successful case of Poland, which stabilized the macroeconomy quickly but has been slow to carry out privatization, is an important example.’
- ‘But it makes sense for the fiscal stance (the government's deficit or surplus) to contribute to controlling the macroeconomy.’
- ‘The view expressed by Hamilton is that oil shocks affect the macroeconomy primarily by depressing demand for key consumption and investment goods.’
- ‘These results underscore the importance of accounting for structural changes in the macroeconomy, and how a failure to do so may affect statistical analyses undertaken by both financial economists and practitioners.’
- ‘While most of the examples that come to mind are historical in nature, it would be a mistake to conclude that the impact of oil prices on the macroeconomy is now unimportant.’
- ‘Thus in the 1930s the world economy had no hegemon both willing and able to act as lender of last resort, provide a market for distress goods, and steer the global macroeconomy.’
- ‘Furthermore, the sectors he looks at are reasonably important to the macroeconomy.’
- ‘While government is a major concern, economists must also forecast short run developments in the macroeconomy.’
- ‘For one thing, especially against the backdrop of the inflation of the following decade, it soon became apparent that our theories of the macroeconomy were woefully inadequate.’
- ‘The social cost of maldistributed hours comes back to haunt an entire macroeconomy, not only the individuals and family members who bear the brunt of it.’
- ‘We analyze the macroeconomy by primarily looking at national output, unemployment and inflation.’
- ‘Today, more than ever, we need business leaders who not only build their own companies but also assume new roles in building the macroeconomy.’
- ‘Tax cuts don't help the macroeconomy much in the short run, unless the previous level of taxation is extortionate, above maybe sixty percent.’
- ‘The rise of managed economies in the Eastern Bloc was also responsible for increased government interference in the macroeconomy.’
- ‘What people really care about in the end, more important than any of these individual programs, is the effect on the macroeconomy.’
- ‘But the renewed health of the state-owned sector may have less do with reform than with improvements in China's macroeconomy.’
- ‘Demand-pull inflation occurs when there is an increase in aggregate demand, categorized by the four sections of the macroeconomy: households, businesses, governments and foreign buyers.’
- ‘There is no discussion on the role of the entrepreneur in the broader macroeconomy, development, or growth.’
- ‘Meanwhile, the nation's infrastructure suffers, pollution spreads, and the macroeconomy spins further out of balance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.