One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the branch of economics concerned with large-scale or general economic factors, such as interest rates and national productivity.‘macroeconomic policies’‘macroeconomic stability has allowed sustained economic growth’
- ‘The members rely on developing a consensus after studying a broad array of macroeconomic indicators.’
- ‘This is understandable given the prominence of monetary policy in macroeconomic management.’
- ‘Their macroeconomic environment has improved dramatically over the last two or three years.’
- ‘Earlier attempts to incorporate social and economic history into art history usually focused on macrosocial and macroeconomic issues.’
- ‘In countries where the reform process has been slow, success with implementing macroeconomic stabilization measures has been very mixed.’
- ‘The macroeconomic uncertainty caused by the economic crisis is gradually disappearing.’
- ‘Bar a macroeconomic miracle, public debt will soon be running at 102 percent of GDP.’
- ‘The second motivation was for states to acquire greater control over domestic money supplies to influence national macroeconomic conditions.’
- ‘Movements in exchange rates are perhaps the most common comparator used for international competitiveness at the macroeconomic level.’
- ‘Let the commentators fret and worry about what their fallacious macroeconomic models tell them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.