One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A lens suitable for taking photographs unusually close to the subject.
- ‘He adjusts the focus of the Carl Zeiss 120 mm macro lens, which allows him to work very close up.’
- ‘So I traded in the microscope for a macro lens and the telescope for a telephoto.’
- ‘One evening when I was moving along at a snail's pace underwater on a coral reef in the Red Sea, searching for small subjects for my macro lens, I spotted a lovely sea anemone of a kind I had not seen before.’
- ‘The photography workshoppers are all sporting monster macro lenses for the day, while I have decided to stay with wide-angle and the big scene - perhaps to take some pictures of the other divers taking pictures.’
- ‘With smaller animals and reptiles that are behind wire or in glass enclosures, you can even work with macro lenses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.