One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A lens suitable for taking photographs unusually close to the subject.
- ‘He adjusts the focus of the Carl Zeiss 120 mm macro lens, which allows him to work very close up.’
- ‘With smaller animals and reptiles that are behind wire or in glass enclosures, you can even work with macro lenses.’
- ‘So I traded in the microscope for a macro lens and the telescope for a telephoto.’
- ‘The photography workshoppers are all sporting monster macro lenses for the day, while I have decided to stay with wide-angle and the big scene - perhaps to take some pictures of the other divers taking pictures.’
- ‘One evening when I was moving along at a snail's pace underwater on a coral reef in the Red Sea, searching for small subjects for my macro lens, I spotted a lovely sea anemone of a kind I had not seen before.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.