Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of clothes or other fabric articles) able to be washed in a washing machine without damage.‘the padded cover is machine washable’
- ‘This flammable material disintegrates when subjected to drycleaning solvents, but is machine washable and dryable, nontoxic and can withstand the heat of a medium-hot iron.’
- ‘They appeal to whoever does the washing because they are machine washable and require no ironing!’
- ‘The hats are machine washable and carry a Sun Protection Factor of 50-plus.’
- ‘While you might really like the color and style of a specific fabric, you need to make sure that it is machine washable.’
- ‘After a day of self-conscious wear I finally relax into the idea of a better fitting bra - you can't feel the insert and the bra is machine washable.’
- ‘You'll want to add several to your bedding collection because they are reasonably priced yet high quality and fully machine washable.’
- ‘It is totally machine washable and dryer safe, it stays put, it's as soft as flannel and it comes in kicky prints like leopard and rose petal.’
- ‘The problem with metallics, however, is that they can't be dry-cleaned, nor are these hand-crafted costumes machine washable.’
- ‘Get one that's machine washable - and then wash it regularly.’
- ‘Pillows (if not encased) and stuffed toys should be machine washable synthetic and should be washed in hot water at least monthly.’
- ‘It is machine washable and offered in sizes S - 4XL.’
- ‘The jeans are machine washable, but only once you've removed the iPod, you hopeless dolt.’
- ‘It would be very nice if they were machine washable.’
- ‘Set on easy rolling and lockable wheels, the Sleepi includes a cover-all top mattress, a second mattress, a cover and moisture barrier sheet, all of which are machine washable and suitable for spin drying.’
- ‘So I took the completely soaked in blanket out of the machine… it went swoosh and nearly flooded the laundry room… but I read the label and it DID say it was machine washable!’
- ‘A mix of trendy and traditional styles is available and the entire range is made from machine washable, minimum-iron fabrics with many featuring tough Teflon coating.’
- ‘The sheets and pillow cases are machine washable.’
- ‘And one of the great things about the clothes is that they are all machine washable: even the fleece tops.’
- ‘Most acrylic fake furs are machine washable in cold water.’
- ‘All the new fabrics are machine washable and many are strategically vented for comfort.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.