One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who operates a machine.‘she started at the company as a machine operator’
- ‘In today's forest industry, an increased responsibility for harvesting and environmental decisions is being left with machine operators.’
- ‘Big or small, companies employed mainly skilled machinists, machine operators, and precision assemblers.’
- ‘Fortunately, several training courses are now offered in eastern Canada to help machine operators come up to speed more quickly.’
- ‘Robinson's half brother, Vincent, is a machine operator at the plant.’
- ‘Machine operators repeatedly test the designs.’
- ‘He was an able machine operator and took pride in a job well done.’
- ‘Automation and developments in computer software may limit growth in demand for clerical workers, machine operators, and assemblers.’
- ‘But he spent much of his working life as a machine operator.’
- ‘The programme enables experienced machine operators to gain recognition for their achievement by way of certification.’
- ‘Managers evaluated machine operators on a daily basis and imposed severe penalties for low performance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.