Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An instruction in machine code.
- ‘This same model is eventually used to generate machine instructions for fabrication; it is also used to derive the bill of quantities, specifications, and all 2D drawings.’
- ‘I do understand the machine instruction bit but what's the difference between that and the RGB news reporters being projected to our eyes telling us about the world?’
- ‘The archLSBs contain the things that are unique to each processor architecture, such as the machine instruction set and C library symbol versions.’
- ‘Using machine instructions to round results according to the selected rounding mode has several advantages over software-implemented rounding techniques, such as faster execution and concise code.’
- ‘Using built-in features, the program automatically added the required cooling channels and inserts needed to produce the mold and generated the subsequent machine instructions.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.