One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A computer programming language consisting of binary or hexadecimal instructions which a computer can respond to directly.
- ‘The resulting machine code is stored in memory and lost when the interpreter terminates.’
- ‘Dozens, maybe hundreds of programmers write the source code and then compile the code into a faster machine language or binary version.’
- ‘From that it creates program code it can then assemble into executable machine code.’
- ‘Early programmers worked in native computer code or machine language.’
- ‘It's not absolutely clear what is used to generate the machine code, but it seems likely to be a combination of bios, graphics and various other bits of hardware kicking around in there.’
- ‘Software developers, including such operating system vendors as Red Flag, use compilers to translate a programming language into the machine language understood by the processor.’
- ‘The software is written in machine code to save memory.’
- ‘The speech routines were written entirely in hand-assembled machine language and executed through the same address vector as the computer's hardware interrupt routines.’
- ‘Thus far the machine is running only machine code, with an AIX and Linux port due in the next 30 days, according to reports.’
- ‘Processing power, therefore, is increasingly determined by software that compiles computer programs into machine code.’
- ‘In Linux, the system information is written in C, a high-level programming language that is translated by the machine into a machine language consisting of 0s and 1s.’
- ‘They wore white socks and polyester shirts and ties and thick glasses and coded in machine language and assembler and FORTRAN and half a dozen ancient languages now forgotten.’
- ‘Java programs are not written to a specific machine language of a particular hardware/software combination.’
- ‘It is unlikely that there is ‘an input side’ to the machine code of the brain.’
- ‘One big step up in computer languages is Assembly Language, which allows the programmer to use names instead of numbers to represent the machine language instructions used by the computer.’
- ‘For example, it used to include programming in machine language, and didn't until recently involve HTML.’
- ‘Highly proficient programmers can write machine code programs that can be sent across a data stream into a Web browser or other communications program.’
- ‘Future calls to the method will execute the machine code directly.’
- ‘The machine language of the universe does not manipulate its own program.’
- ‘Some optimizations reduce the size of the resulting machine code, while others try to create code that is faster, potentially increasing its size.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.