One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a material) able to be worked by a machine tool.‘machinable steel plate’
- ‘Ketton stone, a machinable oolitic limestone, was sampled and tested by Buro Happold for creep and strength characteristics and to decide on an appropriate mortar.’
- ‘The different types vary from grey iron which is machinable to either mottled or white iron which is not easily machinable.’
- ‘While fiberglass/epoxy laminates or machinable polyurethane boards are often used to produce high-volume thermoform molds for forming ABS sheet, there are alternatives.’
- ‘Castings can be annealed to make them more machinable, either by sub-critical annealing or a full anneal.’
- ‘It can be purposely combined with other metals to create readily machinable, high strength alloys.’
- ‘The deposits are not machinable and are very difficult to grind.’
- ‘Through the addition of manganese sulfide to the powder, we have a material that is machinable and still has a hardness in the Rockwell 26-27 range.’
- ‘The public are still not complying with our request for machinable mail.’
- ‘Joints made with the LTB process were thermally stable, resistant to common solvents, vacuum compatible, relatively stress free, machinable, and transparent to UV, visible, and IR radiation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.