One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This treatment is known as full annealing, and is used for removing strains from forgings and castings, improving machinability and also when softening and refinement of structure are both required.’
- ‘These minor alloying agents, while improving machinability, significantly affect the weldability of copper alloys by rendering the alloys hot-crack susceptible.’
- ‘Lead may be added to the lower-strength manganese bronzes to increase machinability, but at the expense of decreased tensile strength and elongation.’
- ‘These elements are added to enhance such mechanical properties as machinability, strength, and hardness.’
- ‘Total cost of making a casting is affected by required heat treatment and by weldability and machinability, in addition to ingot and melting costs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.