One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A savoury dish of macaroni in a cheese sauce.
- ‘These include cottage pie, macaroni cheese, pasta in cheese and broccoli sauce, chicken curry, sausages with gravy, breaded cod with chips, cheese and onion quiche and jacket wedges with salad.’
- ‘The unfussy menu provides hikers' staples such as home-made steak pie, melt-in-the-mouth macaroni cheese and haggis neeps and tatties, with a variety of sturdy, wholesome soups and daily specials.’
- ‘The lunch specials of yore include macaroni cheese, steak pie, shepherd's pie and chips and five varieties of Crombie's sausages.’
- ‘The only meal I didn't like much was macaroni cheese because it had a lot of cheese in it.’
- ‘Our first thought of course was Traditional British, shepherd's pie, macaroni cheese and all that, but we had second thoughts.’
- ‘Next up is spaghetti bolognese, macaroni cheese, Shepherds pie, and chicken curry.’
- ‘The only pasta I ate was macaroni cheese and, as a treat from a much-loved and indulgent babysitter, tinned spaghetti.’
- ‘Strange that I like macaroni cheese and tinned ravioli.’
- ‘Bert had prepared individual macaroni cheese, and good they were.’
- ‘Making the perfect macaroni cheese has not been high on Susie's priority list.’
- ‘Fish pie, macaroni cheese, apple crumbles are my staples if I do have to do the Sunday lunch.’
- ‘‘Thanks for rescuing me from the eighties-style yuppie witch,’ I said to Diana while I scattered macaroni cheese about my person.’
- ‘Finally it's lunch time at the century old Errard Estate House - a real Looshan country spread of stewed chicken, lentils, macaroni cheese, rice and chow mein to name just a few dishes.’
- ‘Another top favourite dish in England is macaroni cheese, rather different from what an Italian would find acceptable, but well liked in the British Isles.’
- ‘What bribes were brought into play are beyond me, although I believe extra helpings of macaroni cheese - nectar of the gods to a permanently ravenous three-year-old - might have been pivotal.’
- ‘There's plenty of good stodge on the menu, including favourites such as scampi, macaroni cheese, sausages, lasagne, steak and hand-cut chips.’
- ‘He occasionally spends too much on alcohol on a night out, resulting in a diet of macaroni cheese or baked beans until his next payday.’
- ‘Fatty foods increase the risk of suffering from heartburn and reflux, too, so if you're feeling stressed and your stomach's producing a lot of acid, eating macaroni cheese may result in an uncomfortable few hours.’
- ‘I dropped the bowl of macaroni cheese on the floor.’
- ‘Thursday was macaroni cheese day and Friday was boiled fish day.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.