One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for horse mackerel
- ‘With maasbanker prices at record high levels, the Namibian fishery was a marginal contributor to profit.’
- ‘While catches have declined in recent years, the maasbanker may yet prove to be underexploited.’
- ‘The third is the one with the more extensive range, down to S. Africa, where it is called maasbanker because of its supposed resemblance to a freshwater fish of the River Maas in the Netherlands.’
- ‘And that means the fish they are feeding on, described last week as anchovies and maasbanker - it's too early for sardines - are still hanging around.’
From Dutch marsbanker.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.