Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
But not too much.‘allegro ma non troppo’
- ‘The moderato, leading into the allegro, ma non troppo, comes with such tastefully conceived phrasing and smooth quality that there is now the kind of near-perfection that gives an idea of what these two musicians are capable of together.’
- ‘The prominent opening theme, marked nobilmente, ma non troppo, is said to depict his 1909 Derby winner, Minoru.’
- ‘The short fugal opening movement is followed by the second, titled ‘Adagio ma non troppo.’’
- ‘He conquered the full tonal and dynamic range of the Adagio, ma non troppo.’
- ‘The Adagio ma non troppo gives some hint of the agony he endured as the weary months of combat yielded their slaughter.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.