One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
But not too much.‘allegro ma non troppo’
- ‘The moderato, leading into the allegro, ma non troppo, comes with such tastefully conceived phrasing and smooth quality that there is now the kind of near-perfection that gives an idea of what these two musicians are capable of together.’
- ‘The short fugal opening movement is followed by the second, titled ‘Adagio ma non troppo.’’
- ‘The Adagio ma non troppo gives some hint of the agony he endured as the weary months of combat yielded their slaughter.’
- ‘He conquered the full tonal and dynamic range of the Adagio, ma non troppo.’
- ‘The prominent opening theme, marked nobilmente, ma non troppo, is said to depict his 1909 Derby winner, Minoru.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.