2Married.‘m twice; two d’
[in combination] Meta-‘m-xylene’
7[in combination] (in units of measurement) milli-‘the generator operated at 40 kV and 100 mA’
Mass.‘E = mc²’
1The thirteenth letter of the alphabet.
- ‘I'm 30 and have had the exact same problem for many years -- and only just recently realized dilemma has two M's and no N.’
- ‘Remember, his name has two M's in it.’
- 1.1Denoting the next after L in a set of items, categories, etc.
2The Roman numeral for 1,000.
- ‘The Roman numerals C and M sometimes did not mean 100 or 1000 (see hundred).’
- ‘What number equals the Roman numeral M?’
(on scorecards) maiden over(s).
3Malta (international vehicle registration).
4Medium (as a clothes size).
5[in combination] (in units of measurement) mega-‘8 Mbytes of memory’
Messier (catalogue of nebulae)‘the galaxy M33’
(with reference to solutions) molar.‘0.15 M NaCl solution’
9(in UK road designations) motorway.‘the M25’
10Used with following numeral in measures of money supply.‘broad money, M3, grew by an annualized 9.7 per cent’