One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
2Married.‘m twice; two d’
in combination Meta-‘m-xylene’
7in combination (in units of measurement) milli-‘the generator operated at 40 kV and 100 mA’
Mass.‘E = mc²’
(on scorecards) maiden over(s).
3Malta (international vehicle registration).
4Medium (as a clothes size).
5in combination (in units of measurement) mega-‘8 Mbytes of memory’
Messier (catalogue of nebulae)‘the galaxy M33’
(with reference to solutions) molar.‘0.15 M NaCl solution’
9(in UK road designations) motorway.‘the M25’
10Used with following numeral in measures of money supply.‘broad money, M3, grew by an annualized 9.7 per cent’
1The thirteenth letter of the alphabet.
- ‘I'm 30 and have had the exact same problem for many years -- and only just recently realized dilemma has two M's and no N.’
- ‘Remember, his name has two M's in it.’
- 1.1 Denoting the next after L in a set of items, categories, etc.
2The Roman numeral for 1,000.
- ‘What number equals the Roman numeral M?’
- ‘The Roman numerals C and M sometimes did not mean 100 or 1000 (see hundred).’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.