One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or causing lysis.‘the lytic activity of bile acids’
- ‘To characterize the mode of inhibition, they analyzed whether binding of eiseniapore to membranes and lytic activity were affected by these substances.’
- ‘An informative monitoring technique in ecological immunology is to quantify lytic activity over time, which measures the status of the invertebrate immune system.’
- ‘Thus, lysogeny seems to be a survival strategy at low host abundance and activity, whereas high host abundance and activity seems to favor the lytic life cycle.’
- ‘Lysis is caused by enzymes known as lytic enzymes that are secreted by the antibodies.’
- ‘Studies on the lytic activity against Phytophthora cell wall of root protein extracts also corroborated a systemic effect of mycorrhizal symbiosis on tomato resistance to Phytophthora.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.