One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Undergo or cause to undergo lysis.no object ‘the cell usually lyses and releases mature virus particles’with object ‘the cells may be lysed by sonication, or in a hypotonic buffer solution’
- ‘As the bacteria are released from the newly lysed cell, more macrophages begin the process of phagocytosis, and the cycle continues.’
- ‘Virus particles assemble within host cells and are released by lysing the cell.’
- ‘Then, they were thawed in 30 ml lysis buffer and immediately lysed.’
- ‘This enzyme kills gram-positive bacteria by lysing their cell wall, notes Johnson.’
- ‘When the spores completely fill the host cell cytoplasm, the cell lyses and releases the spores to the surroundings.’
Early 20th century: back-formation from lysis.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.