Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A preparation containing the products of lysis of cells.
- ‘Heating and methanol treatment will denature and precipitate the great majority of cytosolic proteins found in cell lysates.’
- ‘The double-mutant lanes contain lysates from independently isolated cell lines.’
- ‘This lag could explain the degradation observed in samples from crude lysates produced by these lysis methods even in the presence of RNase inhibitors.’
- ‘Cell lysates were prepared and subjected to Western blot analysis as previously described.’
- ‘Negative control indicates lysates from an isogenic cell line not expressing GFP.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.